Got this request to paint the Great Meera, who lived for and loved Sri Krishna.To save time I had to copy the pose, but after that it just evolved.One foremost request was to reduce gold work, and keep it as minimum as possible.But she being a princess or queen, had to be given that rich look, at least for her surroundings.I tried to justify with the palace mandap and the pooja mandap of Sri Krishna.And suddenly it was time to finish and the time to do the face,.Though whoever sees it likes it, don't know if I have brought the divine love Meera had for the Lord!At the time of delivery the question arose, as to, whether the eyes should be partially or fully closed, and then it was my explanation that she can see her Nandalala in her heart and mind even when she closes her eyes 100%!!
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Meera the Devotee!
Got this request to paint the Great Meera, who lived for and loved Sri Krishna.To save time I had to copy the pose, but after that it just evolved.One foremost request was to reduce gold work, and keep it as minimum as possible.But she being a princess or queen, had to be given that rich look, at least for her surroundings.I tried to justify with the palace mandap and the pooja mandap of Sri Krishna.And suddenly it was time to finish and the time to do the face,.Though whoever sees it likes it, don't know if I have brought the divine love Meera had for the Lord!At the time of delivery the question arose, as to, whether the eyes should be partially or fully closed, and then it was my explanation that she can see her Nandalala in her heart and mind even when she closes her eyes 100%!!
No comments:
Post a Comment