No one can forget 'vinu' the famous illustrator of yester years, for the magazines "KALKI' and 'KALAIMAGAL', !Though at times I felt that,his figures were a little out of proportion, I used to enjoy looking at them, and yes, copy them now and then.The 'PARVATHI WITH THE LORD MURUGA' is one of them.It was a simple water color from a Camlin watercolor pan,on a drawing note book paper.I didn't know anything about 'wetting the paper', or 'stretching' etc.It might be the cover image of 'KALKI' a very well known tamil magazine, or am not sure.It is one of the few of my 'teenage' paintings ,which, as I had earlier mentioned , handed over to me by my father.I am glad that these were preserved, 'cause, I still wonder that I had painted these with such an ease!
But for'MANIAM,GOPULU,VINU,MARUTHI,NATARAJAN (who could illustrate, like they really were photographs),and a whole lot others like JEYARAJ, (ofcourse I didn't like the way he illustrated the female characters!!), I would not have been inspired into my artistic endeavors.
.
But for'MANIAM,GOPULU,VINU,MARUTHI,NATARAJAN (who could illustrate, like they really were photographs),and a whole lot others like JEYARAJ, (ofcourse I didn't like the way he illustrated the female characters!!), I would not have been inspired into my artistic endeavors.
.

1 comment:
Hi Gauri,
I am so thankful to God I met an artist like you who is liberal with her art and always willing to share it with very one. I would say one think - you are one true artist who has done great justice to her talent. Keep it up.. and keep inspiring lost people like us
Chetna.
Post a Comment